Etienne's Soft-Shell Crab with Red Chili Beurre Blanc Recipe
Instructions:1. To make clarified butter, melt 1 stick of unsalted butter in a saucepan over low heat.
2. After butter has completely melted, the solids will settle to the bottom.
3. Skim off any foam on top and carefully pour off the golden liquid on top of the solids.
4. Discard foam. 5. Dredge cleaned crabs in flour seasoned with salt and pepper.
6. Mix together in a shallow dish the bread crumbs, cheese and cornmeal.
7. Dip crabs into beaten eggs and coat with bread-crumb mixture.
8. Pan-fry without overcrowding in a hot pan with oil-butter mix for approximately 4 to 5 minutes per side or until golden-brown.
9. Serve with Red Chile Beurre Blanc, garnished with parsley.
Red Chile Beurre Blanc:
1. Saute shallots in 1 tablespoon clarified butter in a saucepot and add lime juice, wine and vermouth.
2. Reduce to about 1-1/2 teaspoons.
3. Add heavy cream and reduce again.
4. Set aside and, while beating at the same time with a wire whip, immediately add the butter in small pieces.
5. As the butter melts and creams the mixture, continue adding it until all is absorbed.
6. Season with salt, pepper and red chile paste.
7. Garnish with parsley.