Boiled Crabs Recipe - Printable Version Serves 4
- 2 lemons, quartered
- 1/2 cup ground red pepper
- 8 new red potatoes
- 1/2 cup ground white pepper
- 4 small ears fresh corn
- 1/2 cup ground black pepper
- 4 small yellow onions
- 12 live blue crabs
- 1 cup salt
1. Fill a large (10-quart) stockpot one-third full with water.
2. Add the lemons, potatoes, corn, onions, salt, and peppers.
3. Cover and bring to a boil over high heat.
4. Let boil for 10 minutes.
5. Add the crabs, (if blue crabs are not available, substitute other small to medium crabs), cover, and return to boil.
6. Once steam starts to escape from under the cover, let cook for 15 minutes.
7. Turn off the heat and let sit, covered, for 10 minutes more.