Baked Crab Potatoes Recipe - Printable Version Serves 8
- 2 cup crabmeat
- 4 large baking potatoes
- 4 tsp butter
- 1/2 cup onion, chopped
- 1/2 cup mushrooms, sliced
- Ground pepper to taste
- 1 cup dry vermouth
- 2 tsp low-fat plain yogurt
- 2 tsp sour cream
- 1/4 cup half and half
- 3/4 cup gruyere cheese
1. Clean and bake potatoes.
2. Cool slightly and cut in half, lengthwise.
3. Place pulp into bowl, leaving about 1/4-inch shell.
4. Reserve skins and mash pulp.
5. Melt butter in skillet and saute onion until it takes on a light coloring (about 15-20 minutes).
6. Add mushrooms and saute another 5 minutes.
7. Add the crabmeat and pepper.
8. Add vermouth and bring to a boil.
9. Make sure you stir frequently.
10. Cook mixture until liquid is absorbed.
11. Remove from heat and add yogurt and sour cream, then add half and half.
12. Combine crabmeat, onion mixture, pulp from potato, and about 1/2 of cheese.
13. Add additional ground black pepper and a bit more half and half if desired.
14. Place the mixture into the potato skins.
15. Sprinkle with additional 1/4 cup cheese.
16. Bake at 400 degrees until cheese bubbles.