American Crab Cakes Recipe
Instructions:1. In large skillet heat 1 tablespoon butter.
2. Add onion, celery, and garlic; cook 3 minutes or until tender, stirring occasionally.
3. Remove skillet from heat.
4. Stir in crabmeat, 3/4 cup bread crumbs, mayonnaise, egg, Worcestershire sauce, lemon juice, and pepper.
5. Shape crabmeat mixture into 4 patties; coat with remaining 1/2 cup bread crumbs, pressing crumbs onto each patty.
6. In same large skillet over medium heat, melt remaining 4 tablespoons butter.
7. Cook patties in butter 8 to 9 minutes or until golden brown on both sides.