Baked Clams Casino Recipe - Printable Version Serves 4
- 2 cup fine soft breadcrumbs
- 2 tsp paprika
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 clove garlic, very finely chopped
- 3 dozen littleneck clams, on the half shell
- 9 slices raw bacon
- 1 lemon, cut into wedges
1. Heat oven to 350 degrees.
2. Toss together bread crumbs, paprika, olive oil and garlic.
3. Place clams in a flat baking dish.
4. Mount some of the bread crumb mixture on each clam.
5. Cut bacon slices into quarters and place a piece on each clam.
6. Bake 25 minutes, or until bacon is crisp.
7. If desired, the clams may be served on a bed of heated rock salt.
8. Serve with lemon wedges.