Sandtortchen (Sand Tarts) Recipe
Instructions:1. Cream sugar and butter.
2. Beat in 2 eggs.
3. Gradually blend in the flour.
4. Chill dough overnight.
5. Roll as thin as possible on well-floured board.
6. Work with 1/4 of the dough at a time.
7. Keep remaining dough chilled.
8. Cut into diamonds with a knife.
9. Place on greased cookie sheets.
10. Brush each cookie with beaten egg white.
11. Sprinkle with sugar and a pinch of cinnamon.
12. Place a pecan half in center of each cookie.
13. Bake in preheated 350 F oven for 8 to 10 minutes or until edges are light brown.
14. Cool on cookie sheets for 1 minute, then remove to wire racks.
15. Store in airtight tins.