Raised Donuts Recipe
Instructions:1. Scald milk, at night, and add butter and salt. Cool until lukewarm.
2. Add yeast, softened in lukewarm water, and nutmeg or cinnamon.
3. Cut in enough flour to make of soft roll dough consistency.
4. Cover and let rise overnight.
5. Next morning cut down, add sugar, eggs, and enough additional flour to form a soft roll dough.
6. Cover and let rise until double in bulk.
7. Turn onto lightly floured board, roll in sheet 1/3 inch thick, cut with lightly floured cutter.
8. Cook in deep, hot fat (365 F).
9. Drain on crumpled, absorbent paper.
10. The doughnuts should rise to the top and begin to brown almost instantly.