Puffs or Eclairs Recipe
Instructions:1. Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
2. Line baking sheets with parchment.
3. Pipe out 1/2-inch balls for profiteroles or cocktail puffs, 1-inch balls for cream puffs, or 1/2 by 4-inch strips for eclairs.
4. Be sure to leave enough room in between for them to triple in size.
5. Brush with egg glaze and bake for 15 minutes.
6. Lower heat to 400 and open oven door briefly to let steam out.
7. Close the door and continue to bake another 10-30 minutes according to their size.
8. They must be well dried out or they may fall.
9. Take one out of the oven and check it by breaking open and checking the interior walls: they should be dry, not wet and eggy.
10. Return to the oven as necessary.
11. Remove when done and cool on a wire rack.
12. Baked puffs and eclairs freeze well for up to a month.
Filling Puffs: 13. Either slice open horizontally, spoon filling onto bottom, and replace the hat; or pierce a small hole with a paring knife in side or bottom of the puff and pipe in a soft filling using a pastry bag with a small plain tip.