Pancakes Griddle Cakes or Batter Cakes Recipe - Printable Version Serves 14
These names all refer to the same item, the familiar wheat flour breakfast pancake.
- 1 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 tsp salt
- 3 tbsp sugar
- 2 eggs
- 3 tbsp butter, melted
- 1 1/4 cup whole milk
1. Sift the flour before measuring. Resift with the salt, sugar and baking powder.
2. Beat the eggs lightly and combine with the melted butter and milk.
3. Mix the liquid ingredients quickly into the sifted ingredients.
4. Cover and refrigerate for at least 4 hours (the longer the better).
5. Preheat the griddle.
6. The griddle is ready when a drop of cold water skitters about on the surface of the griddle for several seconds before evaporating.
7. Use a tablespoon to gently spoon the batter onto the griddle.
8. When bubbles appear on the top of the griddle cakes, check the underside of to see how they are doing.
9. Turn when golden brown.
10. The second side will take only about half as long as the first to cook.
11. Serve hot with syrup, bacon, sausages, etc.