Pancakes (Crocker) Recipe
100 calories per pancake.
Instructions:1. If using self-rising flour, omit baking powder and salt.
2. Beat egg with hand beater until fluffy; beat in remaining ingredients just until smooth.
3. For thinner pancakes, stir in additional 1/4 cup milk.
4. Grease heated griddle if necessary. (To test griddle sprinkle with few drops water.
5. If bubbles skitter around, heat is just right.
6. For each pancake, pour about 3 tb batter from tip of large spoon or from pitcher onto hot griddle.
7. Cook pancakes until puffed and dry around edges.
8. Turn and ccok other sides until golden brown.
9. Makes nine 4-inch pancakes.
Blueberry Pancakes: Stir in 1/2 cup fresh or frozen blueberries (thawed and well drained).
Buckwheat Pancakes: Substitute 1/2 cup buckwheat flour and 1/2 cup whole wheat flour for the all-purpose flour. Use 1 cup milk. If desired, sprinkle 1 ts whole bran or wheat germ over each pancake just before turning.
Buttermilk Pancakes: Substitute 1 cup buttermilk for the milk. Decrease baking powder to 1 tsp and beat in 1/2 tsp baking soda.
Ham Pancakes: Omit sugar. Stir in 1/3 to 1/2 cup ground or cut-up fully cooked smoked ham.
Whole Wheat Pancakes: Substitute whole wheat flour for the all-purpose flour and packed brown sugar for the granulated sugar.