Pancake Mix Waffles Recipe - Printable Version Makes 5 waffles
If waffles are to be frozen for later, bake only until light gold. Cool on racks and wrap airtight for freezer storage. To reheat, simply use a toaster.
- 2 eggs
- 1 1/4 cups milk
- 2 tbsp unsalted butter, melted
- 1 bag Pancake & Waffle Mix
1. Preheat waffle iron.
2. Separate eggs, putting whites into small bowl and yolks into mixing bowl.
3. With rotary beater or whisk, beat the whites until they form firm peaks.
4. With the same beater beat the yolks until they are well mixed, then beat in milk and the melted butter.
5. Stir the mix into the liquid ingredients, blending it in just until the dry ingredients are moistened. Don't try to make smooth batter.
6. Fold in egg whites.
7. Bake the waffles in the preheated iron according to manufacturer's directions.
8. When no more steam rises from edges of iron, open and check for doneness.
9. Bake a little longer if it isn't done to your liking.