Old Fashioned Doughnuts Recipe - Printable Version Makes 6 large doughnuts
- 1 egg
- 1 tbsp butter, melted
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/3 cup milk
- 2 cups flour
- 1/2 tsp vanilla
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- Powdered sugar
1. Beat the egg in a large bowl until it becomes light and lemon colored.
2. Gradually beat in the sugar.
3. Beat until the mixture thickens.
4. Combine the flour, baking powder and salt in a second bowl.
5. Add the dry ingredients, alternating with additions of the melted butter, milk and vanilla, to the egg mixture.
6. Stir until the flour is moistened.
7. Chill for 1 hour.
8. Preheat the oil in the deep fryer.
9. Roll out on a lightly floured board to a thickness of 1/2".
10. Cut using a floured doughnut cutter.
11. Fry until golden brown (about 1 minute per side). Drain.
12. Sprinkle with powdered sugar.