Walnut Shortbread Recipe - Printable Version Serves 12
- 1 cup softened butter
- 1 1/2 cup chopped walnuts
- 3/4 cup icing sugar
- 12 large walnut pieces
- 1 tsp vanilla
1. Cream butter, icing sugar and vanilla until light.
2. Stir in flour and chopped walnuts.
3. Pat dough into 9-inch pan with removable bottom.
4. Score with fork into 12 pie-shaped wedges.
5. Place one walnut piece on each wedge.
6. Set pan on cookie sheet.
7. Bake in oven heated to 325 degrees for 40 minutes or until lightly brown.
9. Cut into wedges.
10. Store in tightly covered tin container.