Walnut Refrigerator Cookies Recipe - Printable Version Makes 60 cookies
- 3/4 cup butter or margarine
- 2 large eggs, well beaten
- 2 cup firmly packed brown sugar
- 3 cup sifted all-purpose flour
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 cup chopped walnuts
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
1. Melt butter; let cool.
2. Beat eggs in large mixer bowl until light.
3. Beat in sugar until smooth.
4. Beat in melted butter.
5. Blend thoroughly.
6. Mix together flour, baking powder and salt.
7. Beat into butter mixture.
8. Add nuts and vanilla extract; blend thoroughly.
9. Dough will be thick, but not firm.
10. Turn out dough; shape into 3 logs about 2 inches in diameter.
11. Wrap in plastic or wax paper.
12. Refrigerate at least overnight.
13. Heat oven to 375 degrees.
14. Slice logs into 1/8-inch thick slices.
15. Put onto well-greased baking sheets.
16. Bake until golden, 10 to 12 minutes.
17. Remove immediately to wire racks.
18. Cool completely.