Walnut Hermits Recipe
A simple cookie that goes well with a cold glass of milk.
Instructions:1. Preheat oven to 350F.
2. In a large bowl, blend together shortening or butter and brown sugar.
3. Beat in eggs.
4. Stir in flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt.
5. Add spices.
6. Stir in sour cream or buttermilk, then add walnuts, raisins and dates.
7. Stir well.
8. Drop by teaspoonfuls onto a greased cookie sheet.
9. Top each cookie with a whole walnut.
10. Bake 12-15 minutes at 350ø.
11. Remove to a wire rack to cool.