Fitzwilliam Inn Nutty Pie with Caramel Sauce Recipe
Instructions:1. Preheat oven to 350 F.
2. Sprinkle the almonds on the bottom of a greased or sprayed 9-inch pie plate.
3. Beat the eggs; then add the sugar, baking powder, salt, and vanilla, mixing until thoroughly blended.
4. Fold in the Graham cracker crumbs and walnuts.
5. Pour the mixture over the almonds in the pie plate and bake in oven for 25 to 30 minutes, being careful not to overbake.
6. Serve topped with the vanilla ice cream and caramel sauce.
1. Combine the brown sugar, granulated sugar, corn syrup, evaporated milk, salt and butter in the top of a double boiler and cook over boiling water until the sugars dissolve and the mixture is smooth and a bit thickened.
2. Remove from the heat and stir in the butter.