Instructions:1. Preheat oven to 350 F.
2. Mix sugar, margarine, and vanilla.
3. Stir in flour and salt until dough just holds together.
4. If dough is too dry, stir in 1 to 2 tablespoons water.
5. For each cookie, group 3 pecan halves on an ungreased cookie sheet, laying them at angles to each other.
6. Take dough by teaspoonsful and shape around caramel piece; press firmly onto the center of each group of nuts.
7. Bake until set but not brown, for 12 to 15 minutes.
9. Dip tops of cookies into Chocolate Glaze.
1. Beat 1 cup powdered sugar, 1 teaspoon water, 1 oz (1 square) unsweetened chocolate, melted, and 1 teaspoon vanilla until smooth.
2. If necessary, stir in water, 1 teaspoon at a time until glaze is of dipping consistency.