Sourdough Pecan Waffles Recipe - Printable Version Makes 2 waffles
- 2 cups sourdough starter
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 1/2 cup cooking oil
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1/2 cup all purpose flour
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp grated orange peel
- 1 tbsp sugar
- 1/3 cup pecans, crushed
1. In a large mixing bowl measure out the two cups sourdough starter.
2. Add the eggs, cooking oil and milk, and beat well.
3. In separate bowl, mix together the flour, baking powder, salt, baking soda, orange peel and sugar.
4. Add all at once to starter mixture. Beat just till blended.
5. Spread batter on lightly greased, preheated waffle grids.
6. Sprinkle with pecans. (You can also just mix them into the batter.)
7. Cook for 5 to 6 minutes.