Pecan Pie Pastry Recipe
Instructions:1. In a small mixing bowl stir together flour, chopped pecans and salt.
2. Cut in shortening or lard till the pieces are the size of small peas.
3. Sprinkle cold water over part of the mixture; gently toss with a fork.
4. Push to side of bowl.
5. Repeat till all is moistened.
6. Form dough into a ball.
7. On a lightly floured surface roll the ball into a 10-inch circle.
8. Line a 7-inch pie plate or quiche dish with the pastry.
9. Flute edge.
10. Cover surface of pastry with clear plastic wrap.
11. Spread dried beans atop the plastic wrap to a depth of 1 inch.
12. Micro-cook, uncovered, on 70% power for 6 minutes, rotating the dish a half-turn every 2 minutes.
13. Carefully lift plastic wrap and beans from pastry.
14. Micro-cook, uncovered, on 70% power about 2 minutes or till pastry is dry.