Nutty Maple Waffles Recipe
Special Equipment: Waffle iron
Instructions:1. In medium bowl, combine flour, sugar, baking powder, and salt; set aside.
2. In large mixer bowl, combine egg yolks, evaporated skim milk, oil and maple extract; beat well.
3. Gradually add dry ingredients, beating well after each addition until smooth.
4. In small mixer bowl, beat egg whites until stiff peaks form.
5. Fold into batter.
6. Preheat waffle iron according to manufacturer's instructions.
7. Pour 1/2 cup batter onto hot iron; sprinkle with 1 tablespoon chopped pecans.
8. Bake for 3 to 4 minutes or until steaming stops.
9. Repeat with remaining batter and nuts.
Nutty Maple Pancakes:
1. Pour 1/2 cup batter onto preheated greased griddle or electric skillet.
2. Sprinkle with 1 tablespoon chopped pecans; bake and turn.
3. Repeat with remaining batter and nuts.