New Orleans Black Muffins Recipe
Instructions:1. In a medium-size bowl combine the hot water and molasses, stirring until well blended.
2. Stir in the milk until blended.
3. In a large bowl sift together the flours, sugar, baking powder, baking soda and salt.
4. With a rubber spatula, fold the liquid mixture and the pecans into the dry ingredients just until flour is thoroughly incorporated; do not over mix.
5. Spoon into 12 greased muffin cups.
6. Bake at 300F until done, 45 minutes to about 1 hour.
7. Remove from pan immediately and serve while hot.