Eggnog Pie in Pecan Crust Recipe
1. Butter 10-inch pie plate.
2. In medium bowl, combine pecans, sugar and melted butter.
3. Mix well.
4. Press firmly into pie plate.
5. Cover and refrigerate for 30 minutes while preheating oven to 375 F.
6. Bake crust until lightly browned, about 15 to 20 minutes.
1. In a small bowl sprinkle gelatin over cold water and brandy and allow to soften.
2. Meanwhile, combine egg yolks and sugar in small mixer bowl and mix at high speed with electric mixer until mixture forms ribbons when beaters are lifted.
3. Pour into large heavy saucepan and slowly stir in hot milk.
4. Cook over medium-low heat, stirring constantly, until mixture thickens enough to coat the spoon (and/or thermometer registers 172 F). Do not boil.
5. Remove from heat and stir in softened gelatin until disolved.
6. Stir in vanilla and rum.
7. Pour custard into a medium bowl, set into a larger bowl of ice and water and allow to cool, stirring frequently.
8. When it begins to set around the edges, remove from ice bath. Do not allow to set completely.
9. In chilled bowl, beat cream to soft peaks and fold gradually into custard.
10. If necessary, refrigerate filling a few minutes until it mounds when spooned.
11. Pile filling into crust and refigerate until set (about an hour).
1. In chilled medium bowl, whip cream and confectioners' sugar to stiff peaks and pile on top of pie.
2. Garnish with chocolate curls and raspberries.