Coffee Cake Muffins Recipe
Instructions:1. Preheat oven to 375 degree F Grease 12 muffin pan cups; set aside.
2. In a small bowl; mix together pecans, brown sugar, 1 tbsp flour, cinnamon, nutmeg, and butter; set aside.
3. In a medium bowl, sift together 1 1/2 cups flour, granulated sugar, baking powder and salt; cut in shortening.
4. In a small bowl, blend egg with milk.
5. Add to dry ingredients with half of the pecan mixture, stirring until just blended. Mix just enough to moisten the dry ingredients. The batter should be lumpy, not smooth.
6. Spoon batter into muffin cups; sprinkle with remaining pecan mixture.
7. Garnish each muffin with a pecan half.
8. Bake 15 minutes or until cake tester inserted in center comes out clean.
9. Remove muffins from pan to cool on wire rack.
10. These muffins freeze very well.