Butter Pecan Rolls Recipe
The recipe can be doubled successfully.
Instructions:1. Soften yeast in lukewarm water.
2. Combine next 4 ingredients; cool to lukewarm.
3. Add 1 cup of the flour; beat well.
4. Beat in yeast and egg.
5. Gradually add remaining flour to form a soft dough; beat well.
6. Brush top lightly with soft shortening; cover and let rise in warm place until double, 1 1/2 to 2 hours.
7. Punch down; turn out on lightly floured surface and divide dough in half.
8. Roll each piece into a 12 x 8-inch rectangle.
9. To make filling: Brush each rectangle with 2 tablespoons melted butter.
10. Combine 1/2 cup sugar and 2 tsp cinnamon; sprinkle half over each rectangle.
11. Roll each rectangle as for a jellyroll, beginning with long side; seal edge.
12. Cut each roll in eight 1 1/2-inch slices.
13. To make topping: In each of two loaf pans or one sheet cake pan or 2 cake pans, mix 1/2 cup brown sugar, 1/4 cup butter and 1 tablespoon light corn syrup.
14. Heat slowly, stirring frequently, until blended.
15. Remove from heat.
16. Sprinkle 1/3 cup pecans in each pan.
17. Place 8 rolls cut side down in each pan.
18. Cover; let rise in warm place until double, 35 to 45 minutes.
19. Bake in moderate oven at 375 F for 25 minutes or until done.
20. Cool for 2 or 3 minutes; invert on rack and remove pans.