Peanut Butter Pie Recipe
Instructions:1. Preheat the oven to 350 F.
2. Blend peanut butter and confectioners' sugar together as for pastry until well mixed and mealy.
3. Spread about 2/3 of mixture over baked pie crust. Reserve remainder for top.
4. Combine flour, sugar, and salt together; blend in scaled milk.
5. Blend mixture into slightly beaten egg yolks.
6. Return to double boiler and cook for about 2 minutes more.
7. Add butter and vanilla.
8. Turn into pie shell and top with meringue.
9. For meringue, beat egg whites until stiff enough to hold their shape.
10. Add cream of tartar and beat until blended.
11. Mix sugar and cornstarch and add to egg whites.
12. Beat until very stiff.
13. Spread on filled pie shell and sprinkle on remaining peanut butter crumbs.
14. Bake in 350 F oven for 15 to 20 minutes.
15. Cool away from draft.