Peanut Butter and Jelly Muffins Recipe - Printable Version Makes 12 muffins
- 1 cup whole wheat flour
- 3/4 cup regular flour
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 4 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 egg
- 1 cup skim milk
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil
- 1/4 cup creamy peanut butter
- 1/4 cup favorite jelly, preserves, etc.
1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
2. Place paper liners in muffin pan.
3. In large bowl, mix flour, sugar, baking powder and salt.
4. In small bowl, beat egg, milk and oil until blended; stir into flour mixture just until moistened (batter will be lumpy).
5. Fill muffin pan cups 1/3 full of batter.
6. Drop about 1 teaspoon each of peanut butter and jelly in center of each; top with remaining batter.
7. Bake 20 minutes or until golden.
8. Best served warm.
9. Can freeze them individually and heat gently in toaster oven.