Peanut Muffins with Hidden Jelly Surprise Recipe - Printable Version Makes 12 muffins
- 1 egg
- 1/2 cup whole milk
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- 1 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 2 tsp baking powder
- Dash salt
- 3/4 cup peanuts, chopped
- 12 tsp fruit jam or jelly of your choice
1. Preheat the oven to 400 degrees.
2. Beat the egg.
3. Stir in the milk and the melted butter.
4. Sift the flour, sugar, baking powder and salt together.
5. Mix the egg mixture with the flour mixture - do NOT overmix.
6. Add half the chopped peanuts.
7. Pour the batter into well greased muffin tins, filling each 1/2 way to the top.
8. Drop 1 teaspoon of jam or jelly into the center of each muffin.
9. Spoon additional batter into each muffin tin, filling each 2/3 to the top.
10. Sprinkle with the remaining chopped peanuts.
11. Bake about 20 minutes.
12. Serve warm or at room temperature.