Maple Nut Muffins with Apples Recipe - Printable Version Makes 12 muffins
- 1 cup rolled oats
- 1 cup apples, coarsely grated
- 1/2 cup yogurt, plain
- 1 egg, beaten
- 2 tbsp oil
- 1 1/4 cup all purpose flour
- 2 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/3 cup walnuts or pecans, chopped
- 2/3 cup maple syrup
1. In a bowl, combine oats, apple, maple syrup, yogurt, egg and oil.
2. In another bowl, combine flour, baking powder, soda, salt and nuts.
3. Stir liquid ingredients into flour mixture until just combined; do not overmix.
4. Spoon batter into 12 large paperlined muffin tines.
5. Bake in an oven preheated to 400 degrees for about 20 minutes or until tops are springy to the touch.
6. Let muffins cool on wire rack.