Hazelnut Oatmeal Pancakes Recipe - Printable Version Makes 12 pancakes
- 2 cups buttermilk
- 1 1/2 cups old fashioned oats
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup flour
- 1 tbsp sugar
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 cup hazelnuts, chopped, toasted
- Vegetable oil
- Maple syrup
1. Mix buttermilk and oats in large bowl.
2. Let stand for 5 minutes.
3. Whisk in eggs.
4. Mix in flour, sugar, baking soda and salt; stir in chopped hazelnuts.
5. Heat heavy large skillet over medium-high heat.
6. Brush with oil.
7. Drop batter by 1/3 cupfuls into skillet, spacing apart.
8. Cook until bubbles form on top of pancakes, about 2 minutes.
9. Turn and cook until bottoms are golden, about 2 minutes more.
10. Transfer to plate.
11. Repeat with remaining batter, brushing skillet with oil as needed.
12. Serve with maple syrup.