White Christmas Pie Recipe
Instructions:1. Soften gelatin in cold water, and set aside.
2. Combine 1/2 cup sugar, flour, and salt in a saucepan; gradually add milk, stirring until blended.
3. Cook over medium heat, stirring constantly, until mixture thickens and comes to a boil.
4. Boil for 1 minute, stirring constantly.
5. Remove from heat; stir in softened gelatin and flavorings.
7. Beat egg whites, at room temperature, and cream of tartar until foamy; gradually add 1/4 cup sugar, 1 tablespoon at a time, beating until soft peaks form.
8. Fold egg whites, whipped cream, and 1 cup coconut into gelatin mixture; pour into crust.
9. Sprinkle with additional coconut, if desired.
10. Chill until set.
11. Garnish with candied cherries.