Coconut Macadamia Pancakes Recipe - Printable Version Serves 4
- 3 cup flour
- 1/2 tbsp salt
- 6 tbsp sugar
- 1/2 tbsp baking soda
- 1 tbsp baking powder
- 1 pint buttermilk
- 3 eggs, beaten
- 4 tbsp melted butter
- 1/2 pint Coco-Lopez (Coco-Lopez is condensed coconut liquid available in liquor section of many markets)
- 1/2 cup toasted coconut, shredded
- 1/2 cup toasted macadamia nuts, chopped
- 4 tbsp vegetable oil
- 1 cup fresh pineapple, diced
- 12 oz maple syrup
1. Sift the flour, salt, sugar, baking soda and baking powder into a large mixing bowl.
2. In a separate bowl, whisk together buttermilk, eggs, melted butter and Coco-Lopez.
3. Add wet ingredients to dry.
4. Stir with a spoon to combine; batter will be slightly lumpy.
5. Stir in coconut and macadamia nuts.
6. Brush griddle with oil, and heat to 400 degrees.
7. Drop batter onto griddle using a 4-ounce ladle.
8. Cook about 3 minutes, until done on both sides.
9. Serve garnish with pineapple, maple syrup, and butter.