Spicy Fried Cashews Recipe - Printable Version Serves 8
- 1/2 lb raw cashews
- 1 cup oil, preferably peanut
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp freshly ground black pepper
- 1/2 tsp chili powder
- 1/4 tsp five spice powder
1. Heat a wok or large deep pan until it is hot, then add the oil.
2. When the oil begins to smoke lightly, deep-fry the cashew nuts for 2 minutes or until they begin to turn lightly brown.
3. While the cashew nuts are browning, start another frying pan heating.
4. Remove the nuts from the oil with a slotted spoon and add them directly to the frying pan. You should take the cashew nuts out of the oil when they are lightly browned as they continue cooking even after they are taken out of the oil.
5. Save the oil in which the nuts have been cooked, as it can be used again.
6. Add the salt, pepper, chili powder and five spice powder and stir-fry for 2 minutes or until the cashew nuts are well coated with the spice.
7. Allow to cool and serve with drinks.