Buttery Drop Cookies and Variations Recipe
Instructions:1. Heat oven to 375.
2. Grease baking sheets with Butter Flavor Crisco.
3. Set aside.
4. Cream 1/2 cup Butter Flavor Crisco, sugar and milk in medium bowl at medium speed of electric mixer until well blended.
5. Beat in egg and vanilla.
6. Combine flour, salt and baking powder.
7. Mix into creamed mixture.
8. Drop level measuring tablespoonfuls 2 inches apart onto baking sheet.
9. Bake at 375 for 7 to 9 minutes.
10. Brush surface of warm cookies with melted Butter Flavor Crisco for more buttery taste.
11. Remove to cooling rack.
Creamy Vanilla-Frosted Cookies: 1. Combine 1/2 cup Butter Flavor Crisco, 1 pound (4 cups) confectioners sugar, 1/3 cup milk and 1 teaspoon vanilla in small bowl at low speed of electric mixer for 15 seconds.
2. Scrape bowl.
3. Beat at high speed for 2 minutes, or until smooth and creamy.
4. Frost cooled cookies.
Chocolate-Dipped Buttery Drop Cookies: 1. Melt 1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips with 1 teaspoon Butter Flavor Crisco on very low heat or 50% power in microwave.
2. Stir well.
3. Spoon into glass measuring cup.
4. Dip one end of cooled cookie halfway up in chocolate.
5. Place on waxed paper until chocolate is firm.
Chocolate Nut Buttery Drop Cookies: 1. Dip in melted chocolate as above.
2. Sprinkle with finely chopped nuts before chocolate hardens.
Raspberry Coconut Cookies: 1. Spread 1/2 to 1 teaspoon raspberry jam on each hot cookie.
2. Sprinkle with coconut flake.
Chocolate Sandwich Cookies: 1. Melt 1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips with 1 teaspoon Butter Flavor Crisco on very low heat or 50% power in microwave.
2. Spread chocolate filling on the bottom of half the batch of cookies.
3. Top with remaining cookies.
4. Gently press together.
Chocolate Frosting: 1. Melt 1/3 cup Butter Flavor Crisco in 2-quart saucepan.
2. Remove from heat.
3. Add 3/4 cup cocoa and 1/4 teaspoon salt.
4. Blend at low speed of hand-held electric mixer.
5. Add 1/2 cup milk and 2 teaspoons vanilla.
6. Mix at low speed.
7. Blend in 1 pound (4 cups) confectioners sugar, one cup at a time.
6. Mix until smooth and creamy.
7. Add more sugar to thicken or milk to thin for good spreading consistency.
8. Frost cooled cookies.