Almond Cookie Slices Recipe
Instructions:1. Melt butter in a small saucepan.
2. Stir in honey, milk and almond extract; set aside to cool.
3. Combine 1 1/4 cups of almonds and the brown sugar in a food processor.
4. Process just until nuts are texture of coarse meal.
5. Add cooled butter mixture to the processor.
6. Process until smooth.
7. Add flour, cinnamon, baking powder, baking soda and salt.
8. Processor just until mixture is combined.
9. Scrape into a bowl.
10. Stir in remaining 1 1/4 cups almonds.
11. Line a 9" x 9" x 2" square baking pan with plastic wrap.
12. Place dough in pan and pat level.
13. Place in freezer for 20 minutes or until firm.
14. Heat oven to 350.
15. Lightly coat baking sheets with nonstick vegetable spray.
16. Remove the firm dough from pan.
17. Starting at any side, cut 1/4" slices.
18. Arrange on the prepared baking sheets, placing them 1/2" apart.
19. Bake in a 350 oven for 18 minutes or just until golden.
20. Transfer to wire racks to cool.
21. Mix together confectioners' sugar and almond extract in a small bowl.
22. Gradually stir in 6 teaspons of water or just enough to make a thin glaze.
23. Drizzle cookies with glaze.