Almond Butter Fingers Recipe
These are yummy, nut-crusted, buttery almond bars.
Instructions:1. Preheat oven to 275.
2. Lightly grease a 10x15 jelly roll pan (9x13 cake pan will do).
3. In a large mixing bowl, beat butter, sugar and salt together until light and fluffy.
4. Beat in egg yolk and extracts.
5. Stir in cardamom.
6. Stir in flour 1/2 cup at a time, blending well after each addition.
7. Spread dough evenly over bottom of prepared pan.
8. In small bowl, lightly whisk egg white until frothy.
9. Pour over dough, spread evenly.
10. Sprinkle nuts over dough and press lightly into surface with back of a spoon.
11. Bake 50-60 minutes or until golden brown.
12. Immediately use a sharp knife to cut into 40 "fingers" (4 across, 10 down).
13. Cool 15 minutes in pan on rack.
14. Carefully remove from pan --- cookies are fragile.
15. Cool completely on racks.
16. Keep in airtight container one week, freeze three months if well-wrapped.