Almond Butter Disks Recipe
Instructions:1. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
2. Cream the softened butter and add the sugar in a stream.
3. Continue beating until the butter/sugar whitens.
4. Beat in the zest and rum, then the egg whites, one at a time, beating smooth between each addition.
5. Mix the almonds and flour and stir them into the batter by hand.
6. Pipe the batter on paper lined pans in 1-inch mounds using a 1/2-inch plain tube.
7. Bake the cookies for 12 to 15 minutes.
8. For the glaze: Bring the preserves and the Kirsch to a boil in a small pan over medium heat, s tirring occasionally, until slightly thickened.
9. Apply glaze while it is still very hot.
10. Cool the cookies on the paper and sandwich them with raspberry glaze after they have cooled.