Instructions:1. In small mixer bowl, beat 2 egg whites until soft peaks form (tips curl over).
2. Gradually beat in the 1 cup of superfine sugar, beating until stiff peaks form (tips stand straight up).
3. Stir together nuts, flour, and spices; fold in beaten egg whites.
4. Let mixture rest 30 minutes or longer so nuts can absorb mixture.
5. Roll out to 1/4-inch thickness on surface lightly sprinkled with powdered sugar.
6. Cut with star-shapped cookie cutter.
7. Place on greased baking sheet.
8. Bake in 325F oven for 10 - 15 minutes.
9. Cool on rack.
10. Dough scraps may be rerolled to 1/2-inch thickness and cut with scalloped cutter.
11. Bake in 325F oven for 20 minutes.
12. Store in covered container.
Icing: 13. Beat 1 egg white slightly.
14. Gradually stir in the remaining 1 1/2 cup confectioner's sugar.
15. Add water till icing is of spreading consistency.