Twin Dragon Almond Cookies Recipe
Instructions:1. Preheat the oven to 350 F.
2. Mix the flour, baking soda, and salt.
3. In a blender, grind 1/2 cup blanched almonds to a fine powder.
4. Add to the flour mixture.
5. Cream the sugar, lard, almond extract, egg, and water, and add to the dry mixture.
6. Mix thoroughly.
7. Form into 1-inch balls and place on an ungreased cookie sheet 2 inches apart.
8. Press one of the remaining almonds into the center of each ball, while flattening it slightly with fingers.
9. Brush each cookie lightly with beaten egg.
10. Bake for 20 minutes, or until cookies are light brown around edges.