Toffee Crunch Cookies Recipe - Printable Version Makes 54 cookies
- 2 3/4 cups all-purpose flour, unsifted
- 1/4 cup cake flour, unsifted
- 1 1/4 tsp salt
- 3/4 lb unsalted butter, softened
- 1 1/3 cups granulated sugar
- 2 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 9 chocolate-covered almonds, chopped
- 14 oz toffees
- 1 cup almonds, chopped
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees; line 2 cookie sheets with parchment paper.
2. Sift together the flours and salt.
3. Cream the butter in the large bowl of an electric mixer on low speed for 5 minutes.
4. Add the sugar in two additions, beat for 2 minutes on moderate speed after each portion is added.
5. Blend in the vanilla extract.
6. On low speed, add the sifted mixture and mix until the particles of flour are absorbed.
7. Stir in the toffee and almonds.
8. For each batch, drop heaping tablespoon-size mounds of dough onto a lined cookie sheet, spacing the mounds about 2 inches apart.
9. Bake for 15 minutes, or until golden.
10. After 1 minute, transfer the cookies to cooling racks using a wide metal spatula.
11. Cool completely.
12. Store in an airtight container.