Giant Almond Florentines Recipe
Instructions:1. Preheat oven to 375 F.
2. Grease six 8-inch foil pie pans. Foil pans must be used for easy removal of baked florentines in 1 piece
3. In a medium-large heavy saucepan, combine butter, sugar, honey, and cream.
4. Heat to boiling over medium heat, stirring frequently.
5. Cook for 1 1/2 minutes, stirring constantly.
6. Remove from heat.
7. Stir in almonds.
8. Divide mixture evenly among greased pie pans.
9. Using back of wooden spoon, pat evenly into bottom of pans.
10. Bake pans 3 at a time, on a single oven rack, for 10 to 14 minutes, or until a rich golden brown.
11. Rotate pans during baking, if necessary, to avoid overbrowning.
12. Let cool completely in pans.
13. Refrigerate for 10 to 15 minutes for ease in unmolding.
14. With fingers, carefully press in pan bottoms from underneath and pop florentines out in 1 piece.
15. Refrigerate florentines, stacked between layers of wax paper until thoroughly chilled, about 3 hours.
16. Spread melted chocolate coating over bottoms of chilled florentines.
17. Let stand until chocolate is set.
18. Wrap each florentine separately in plastic wrap.
19. Store in refrigerator.