Danish Almond Ring Recipe
Instructions:1. Heat oven to 375 degrees.
2. Lightly grease cookie sheet.
3. In a small bowl, using fork, combine sugar, margarine and almond paste; mix well.
4. Set aside.
5. Unroll dough into 2 long rectangles; over lap long sides to form 1 large rectangle.
6. Firmly press perforations to seal.
7. Press or roll out 16x8 inch rectangle; cut lengthwise into three equal strips.
8. Place 3 tablespoons filling mixture evenly down center of each strip.
9. Gently press filling to form 1 inch wide strip.
10. Overlap side of dough over filling; firmly pinch edges to seal.
11. On ungreased cookie sheet, loosely braid 3 filled strips.
12. Form braid into ring; pinch ends of strips together to seal.
13. Brush with egg; sprinkle with sugar and almonds.
14. Bake at 375 degrees for 15 to 22 minutes or until golden brown.
15. Cool 5 minutes; remove from cookie sheet.
16. Serve warm.