Chinese Almond Cookies Recipe
Instructions:1. In a large bowl, cream lard and both sugars until fluffy.
2. Add egg and almond extract; beat until well blended.
3. Sift flour with salt and baking powder.
4. Add to creamed mixture; mix well.
5. To shape each cookie, roll 1 tbsp of dough into a ball.
6. Place balls 2 inches apart on ungreased baking sheets.
7. Gently down on each ball, making a 2-inch round.
8. Press an almond in center of each round.
9. In a small bowl, beat egg yolk with water; brush mixture over top of each cookie.
10. Bake in a 350 oven for 10 to 12 minutes or until lightly browned.
11. Transfer cookies to wire racks and let cool completely.
12. Store in an airtight container.