Almond Puff Recipe
Instructions:1. Cut 1/2 cup margarine into 1 cup flour until mixture resembles coarse meal; add 2 tbsp cold water and mix with a fork until well-blended.
2. Divide dough in half.
3. Squeeze each roll between your hands until you form a 8 to 10-inch “snake”.
4. Place “snakes” on an ungreased cookie sheet and pat into 2 rectangles about 2 to 3 inches wide and the length of the cookie sheet.
5. Place 1 cup of water and 1/2 cup of margarine in a saucepan.
6. Bring to a boil and remove from heat.
7. Add 1 tbsp almond flavoring.
8. Stir in 1 cup of flour.
9. Add eggs, one at a time, mixing until each one is mixed in well.
10. Spread over pastry rectangles, smoothing the top.
11. Bake at 400 F for 45 minutes.
12. Allow to cool.
13. Combine 1 tbsp margarine with confectioner's sugar, 1 tbsp almond flavoring and enough warm water to make spreadable.
14. Frost pastry and sprinkle with sliced almonds.
15. Cut into slices.