Almond Puff Recipe
Instructions:1. Preheat oven to 350 F.
2. Cut 1/2 cup butter into 1 cup flour.
3. Sprinkle 2 tbsp water over mixture; mix with fork.
4. Round into ball; divide in half.
5. On ungreased baking sheet, pat each half into a strip, 12 by 3 inches.
6. Strips should be about 3 inches apart.
7. In medium saucepan, heat 1/2 cup butter and 1 cup water to rolling boil.
8. Remove from heat and quickly stir in almond extract and 1 cup flour.
9. Stir vigorously over low heat until mixture forms a ball, about 1 minute.
10. Remove from heat.
11. Beat in eggs, all at one time, until smooth.
12. Divide in half; spread each half evenly over strips, covering completely.
13. Bake for about 60 minutes or until topping is crisp and brown.
15. Frost with Confectioners' Sugar Glaze and sprinkle generously with nuts.
Confectioners' Sugar Glaze:
Mix together all ingredients until smooth.