Almond Pistachio Saffron Curry Sauce Recipe
Serve this smooth sauce on grilled meat or chicken breasts.
Instructions:1. Combine almonds and pistachios in a 10-inch frying pan and dry-roast over medium heat for 8 to 10 minutes.
5. Place in a blender or a food processor and reduce to a powder.
6. Set aside.
7. Heat butter in a heavy 2-quart saucepan over medium-high heat.
8. Add onion and cook until lightly browned.
9. Stir in spices and cook until fragrant, about 1 minute.
10. Stir in saffron, cream, salt and powdered nuts.
11. Bring to a boil, stirring constantly.
12. Reduce heat and simmer, stirring occasionally, until sauce is thick enough to coat the back of a spoon, 12 to 15 minutes.