Almond Crescent Recipe - Printable Version Serves 6
- 1/2 Danish pastry dough (see recipe)
Almond Danish filling:
- 4 oz almond paste
- 4 tbsp butter, softened
- 14 cups sugar
- Slightly beaten egg
- Sliced almonds
1. For filling: Beat almond paste, butter, and sugar in a small bowl until smooth and well blended.
2. Roll pastry on floured surface into 2 20 x 15-inch rectangles.
3. Trim edges evenly.
4. With a sharp knife cut into 12 5-inch squares.
5. Spoon filling onto one corner of each square, dividing evenly.
6. Starting with filled corner, roll square up to the diagonally opposite corner.
7. Place point side down 2 inches apart on cookie sheet.
8. Curve into crescent shape.
9. Let rise in a warm place until doubled in volume, about 30 minutes.
10. Brush with egg; sprinkle with sugar and almonds.
11. Place in hot oven, 400 F, lower heat immediately to 350 F, then bake 20 to 25 minutes or until puffed and golden.
12. Remove to wire rack; cool.