Almond Cookies Recipe
Instructions:1. sift dry ingredients, cut in shortening as for pie dough.
2. Combine egg, water and extract.
3. Add to dry ingredients.
4. If dough is too crumbly, add a little more water.
5. Divide into small balls.
6. Flatten each ball to 1/4" thick.
7. Press whole almond in center of half of the cookies.
8. Dilute 2 drops of red coloring with 2 drops of water.
9. Dip the end of the chopstick into the coloring and press into the center of the other half of the cookies.
10. Bake at 350 degrees for 15 - 20 minutes.
11. These should be cream colored when done -- not browned.