New Orleans Beignet Doughnuts Recipe
Instructions:1. In large bowl, sprinkle yeast over water; stir to dissolve.
2. Add sugar, salt, eggs and milk.
3. Blend with rotary beater.
4. Add 4 cups of the flour; beat smooth.
5. Add shortening; beat in remaining flour.
6. Cover and chill several hours.
7. Deep fry at 360 degrees 2 to 3 mintues or until lightly browned on each side. (If beignets don't rise to the top immediately when you drop them into the oil, the oil isn't hot enough.)
8. Drain on paper towels.
9. Sprinkle heavily with confectioners' sugar.
10. Serve hot.