New Cake Doughnuts Recipe
Instructions:1. Heat about 2 to 3 inches of oil in deep-fat fryer or heavy kettle to 375F.
2. Beat 1 1/2 cup of the flour and the remaining ingredients in large mixer bowl, on low speed, scraping bowl constantly, 30 seconds.
3. Beat on medium speed, scrape occasionally for 2 minutes.
4. Stir in remaining flour.
5. Turn dough onto well-floured cloth-covered board; roll around to lightly coat with flour.
6. Roll gently to 3/8″ thick.
7. Cut with floured doughnut cutter.
8. Slide doughnuts into hot oil with wide spatula.
9. Turn doughnuts as they rise to surface.
10. Fry until golden brown, 1 to 1 1/2 minutes on each side.
11. Remove from oil; do not prick doughnuts.
12. Drain on paper towels.
13. Serve plain, sugared, or frosted. I shake them in a bag of powdered sugar.