Portobella Mushroom Soup Recipe
Instructions:1. Melt butter in heavy large Dutch oven over medium heat.
2. Add leeks and onion; saute‚ until tender, 10 minutes.
3. Add mushrooms and saute‚ 5 minutes.
4. Reduce heat to low.
5. Add flour; cook until mixture is thick, stirring occasionally about 3 minutes.
6. Gradually stir in stock and 2 tablespoons Sherry.
7. Bring soup to boil, stirring.
8. Reduce heat and simmer until thickened; about 10 minutes.
9. Stir in half and half.
10. Simmer until slightly thickened; about 10 minutes.
11. Stir in cayenne pepper.
12. Season with white pepper and salt.
13. Can be prepared 4 hours ahead. Cover and refrigerate.
14. Stir remaining 2 tablespoons sherry into soup.
15. Bring to simmer and serve.